Homebrewers know that proper sanitation techniques are critical for creating high quality homemade beverages. BTF Iodophor, an iodine based sanitizer, is a powerful, broad spectrum antimicrobial product that kills a wide range of bugs that are waiting to infect your fermentation. Unlike acid based sanitizers, BTF Iodophor reliably kills yeast, mold, fungus, bacteria, viruses and blood borne pathogens.
BTF Iodophor offers a low cost per use, is gentler on your hands than other sanitizers, and is very low foaming. If used in the correct dilution (very important) it is a no-rinse sanitizer. It is safe to use on all your brewing equipment such as buckets, kegs, tanks, fermenters, bottles, etc. Even if you frequently use a sanitizer, it’s a good idea to have multiple sanitizers on hand especially when working with wild yeasts and bacteria or as a “change of pace” sanitizer.
Directions for 12.5 PPM Brewing Sanitizer Solution:
- To Make 1.5 Gallons of sanitizer: Mix 1 tsp BTF Iodophor into 1 ½ gallons cool water
- To Make 5 Gallons of Sanitizer: Mix ½ oz (1 Tablespoon) BTF Iodophor into 5 gallons cool water
- Allow solution to contact surface for 2 minutes, then air dry.
- Kills yeast, mold, fungus, gram positive bacteria, gram negative bacteria, spore forming bacteria, viruses and blood borne pathogens
- Use at a rate of 1/2 oz of BTF per 5 gallons
- Low foaming
- No-rinse at 12.5 PPM dilution (see above)
- Non-corrosive and gentle on skin and hands
- OMRI Certified for organic use